Magic Keys not working as supposed to? No worries, here is how to identify the problem.
Remember to get the latest software update before continuing.
- The device should have non-empty batteries
- The on/off toggle switch on the back side of the device should be set to on
- The USB receiver should be plugged into your computer
Check Magic Keys app
- Open the Magic Keys app
If the USB receiver is plugged in you should get the Connected status (v2: do not use the cable; cable is for charging purposes only)
- Press Options on the top menu and make sure Bypass NUM is selected
- When pressing a key you should be able to see it logged under the Connected label
Magic Keys app should always be open in background!
Check Metatrader expert advisor loads correctly
- Restart Metatrader
- Open a new clean chart
- From the Terminal window (ctrl+t), select the Experts tab
Right-click and select clear logs
- From the Navigator window (ctrl+n), drag and drop the Magic Keys EA on to the chart
- Check that Allow DLL imports and Allow auto trading are enabled
- Adjust the input parameters accordingly to your trading needs
- Press OK to confirm
- The logs should show an entry saying MagicKeys <symbol>: initialized
Important! On Metatrader 5 nothing is shown if the initilization is successfull
In case a global initialization failed error regarding <libzmq.dll> appears
Probably some libraries are missing from your Windows installation. To resolve the issue you should install the Microsoft official software that includes the missing libraries. You can find the installation executable inside the Extra folder, inside the zip file you initially downloaded from our website. Use the one relative to your Metatrader version (vc_redist_MT4 or vc_redist_MT5).
Restart both Magic Keys and Metatrader afterwards and make sure the EA starts
The Magic Keys app is ok and the expert advisor loaded correctly but pressing the keys still leads to no result.
- From Settings on your computer, go to Firewall & Network protection
- Click on Allow an app through firewall
- Click on Change Settings and then make sure Magic Keys has permissions
Firewall permissions are necessary for low-level interprocessing communication between app and MT.
OPEN CALC does not work? Nothing happens? Chart scrolling?
- Close Metatrader and the Magic Keys app, in case they are open
- Open Notepad, the text writing editor
- Make sure the NUM lock is active
- Press OPEN CALC, a 7 should appear on screen
If a 7 did not appear (retry pressing OPEN CALC after each try)
If none of the above options work, contact our support at email@example.com and we will be happy to help you!